THE HOSTEL CLOSES ITS DOORS FROM MAY TO SEPTEMBER
Patagonia Hostel is in El Chalten, at walking distance from the paths that go to Mount Fitz Roy and Mount Torre through forests, lakes and glaciers. The hostel is said to be the “town’s prettiest house”. Its typical wooden structure provides a perfect frame to the warm friendly atmosphere that the guests from all around the globe make inside. The owners, who have lived here for many years, know the area inside out, so you will get not only personalized attention but also comprehensive information on what to do.
Los Glaciares National Park has many paths which are fairly easy to follow. Admission is free. If you really want to learn everything there is to know about the wildlife and the climbing history in this spot; or if you want to take a walk on the glacier, a guide is a must. Most of the tours can be done on horseback.
Activities in the National Park and surroundings:
- Trekking to Mount Fitz Roy and Mount Torre
CERRADO POR RECESO INVERNAL DESDE EL 01 DE JUNIO AL 30 DE SEPTIEMBRE
- Trekking on the Mount Torre glacier
- Trekking Pliegue Tumbado and Lago Toro
- Trekking across the Eléctrico Valley, by the namesake lake
- Trekking to Piedras Blancas Glacier
- Trekking to Huemul Glacier
- Trekking to Punta Norte
- Trekking to the Chilean border
- Trekking on the Patagonian Continental Ice
- Sailing on Lago del Desierto
- Sailing on the Lake Viedma, beside the namesake Glaciar